Skip to main content

About this Show

The Five




San Francisco, CA, USA

Comcast Cable

Channel v760






Benghazi 15, America 6, Obama 4, Clinton 4, Dana 4, Us 4, Jay Carney 3, Clooney 3, Naacp 3, Susan Rice 3, Eric 3, Donald Sterling 3, George Clooney 2, Leon Jenkins 2, John Boehner 2, Abc 2, Dude 2, Los Angeles Naacp 2, Dana Perino 2, Leon Panetta 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The Five  

    May 3, 2014
    1:00 - 2:01am PDT  

hello, everyone. i'm kimberly guilfoyle along with bob beckle, eric bolling, dana perino, and greg gutfeld. it's 5:00 in new york city and this is "the five." did the administration deliberately deceive americans about the benghazi attack? well, today house speaker john boehner announced a special committee is being formed to investigate. the move comes after newly released emails advised susan rice to tell the world protests regarding a video. >> benghazi, benghazi, benghazi,
what are you talking about anything else? >> president obama is part of that chours. >> your detractors believe you did not tell the world it was a terrorist attack because of your campaign. >> finger pointing at someone else and not accepting the responsibility, eric. >> dudes, let me tell you something, i'm going to try and start every sentence with something. it was two year ago. yeah, it was two years ago. can you imagine the parents of the family -- the great americans who died atbenghazi. it's disgusting that kid could do that. look at jay carney, look at the national security spokesperson, they have the attitude why are you annoying us?
benghazi is over. it matters because they lied about it and they covered up about it and if they were willing to do it for benghazi, they are willing do it for the internal revenue service and they might be willing to do it for something else. >> communications nightmare is not even doing the whole fiasco justice. >> if it was a screen play for the show veep, which i really like, you would actually think it would make perfect sense. one of the things about this part where he says, dude, that was two years ago, is that knowledge of the timeline is absolutely critical because that actually is the story. the question is who at the beginning pushed the video. that was what everybody has been trying to get to the bottom of. the white house for some reason decided to redact the document that has been in question this week. redacted it many months ago when they gave it to the committee. that was in defiance of the subpoena and i think that's why speaker boehner who had said to
everybody if there is something specific that would lead to a successful conclusion of a select committee, then that's when i will finally do it. so i think that's been fairly cautious and i think -- the white house would be better off of letting it all out there all at once because i think this will just continue. because if that document was redacted, my gut tells me there's probably many more that were also. >> that's a safe bet. to tell you there's probably that's redacted. why do you have judicial watch have to go on this hunt to find the truth? this is america. we're not supposed to be playing games. this is the government was supposed to change everything, change everything in washington, d.c. we're going to be transparent. transparent as cement. >> exactly. what are you going to say? there's one word that sums up this administration, it will always be dude because it's not
a house, it's a frat house. the low point in our culture, we have a poster boy on am bif alent mails. the slinky has more backbone and you have these white house hacks that are basically covering more tracks than the long island railroad and they are using this as a strategy. what they are saying it's uncool to ask questions. take a chill pill. that is the only defense he has. you know what he says, he defended himself. he said that he wasn't demeaning what happened two years ago, he was saying if you ask anybody about what they wrote two years ago in email, it was like, dude, that was two years ago, how would i remember? but before he went on bret baier, he tweeted -- is it throw back thursday. we're talking about something that's two years ago. he lied again. he actually was making fun of the idea and now he's pretending
that he didn't. if they did a movie about benghazi, it would be dude, where's my president? >> bob. >> let me shake this up here. you are not going to like it much. let's begin with the obvious here. did somebody somewhere decide it would be in the best interests of the presidential campaign to not have this thing out the way it was and the talking points should be different? yes. okay. i agree with that. >> okay. >> did it originate with this kid in the white house? maybe, maybe not. maybe it did with somebody else. did they change the cia talking points? maybe, maybe not. in the end, there are 225 women missing in nigeria, little girls. there are endless numbers of friendly fire incidents -- let me finish. >> did you jump to the d block? >> let me finish what i think. hillary clinton said we know islamic radicals kill these people, what difference does it make anymore? >> because they covered it up.
if they did it before, they will do it again. >> every administration covers up things. >> should they cover up because it makes the president look bad? >> who cares? who cares? average american is not saying, gee, i wonder what happened with benghazi. go after the fbi, go after all the things we're talking about. we've overkilled this. the republicans are using this for political reasons. not that they don't care about four people dead, do you think it would be in a committee -- >> if you were admitting that this was used to win an election. >> that didn't win an election. it was a piece of winning an election. >> i'm sorry. it was part of him wing. >> it was the flour in the batter. >> if you look at incumbent houses they are going out of their way to avoid controversy -- >> you know what else dude said
last night that no one had ever said in 20 months. he said president obama was not in the situation room. we're all wondering if he was in the situation room, talking to leon panetta, talking to the secretary of state. it turns out -- >> i want to play it. exactly what you are saying. yeah. >> was the president in the situation room? >> no. >> where was the president? >> in the white house. >> he wasn't in the situation room? >> at one point in the evening? he was constantly -- >> at any point in the ending? >> it was well-known when the attack was briefed to him he was in the oval office. >> when hillary clinton was talking to him, he was where? >> i don't know. i don't have a tracking device on him. >> the president was not in the situation room? >> not in the room i was in. >> he makes the pajama boy look like the terminator. >> there are critical issues going on around the country and the world that we need to deal
with. there were 19 people killed in -- >> i want to get dana in here. why does the messaging seem to be all over the place? it's like my last weekend twister thing, where i had an elbow there and a leg there and a shoe in the corner. why? >> i think it's partly because they redacted the information, it came out through different means. it looks like they were covering up a cover up. if you agree they made up the story about the video in order to protect their politics in the situation, not that it it would -- i think president obama was going to win the election anyway. regardless of this. but let's just say they were worried enough that they came up with this story. so they used politics to cover up a policy failure which they said was the goal. misleading the american people and then the question being -- the larger question is not about nell -- necessarily about the talking points.
to me, it's clear. we know the white house pushed it and somebody at the very top was doing it. and the question comes why has no one has been arrested or droned, no counterattack by the united states. that's been the larger issue. if everybody wants to get to that, that's what the select committee should get to the bottom of. >> what do you think the policy failure was? >> they were more worried about the policy failure. >> they were. i don't understand why they were so worried about it. >> why don't we find out. >> the policy failure is the threat didn't exist when it existed and they covered up. >> and possibly not sending troops. >> what about a response? what about the people to justice? where are they? i want to see them? >> why do you think they are not doing it. >> i think they are in denial. >> the bigger policy failure is after the removal of gadaffi in
libya, what was the follow will you please? i'm not making that up. that's actually in the document to susan rice to prepare her for the background. >> hillary clinton was the one supposed to testify and b go on those talk shows and to ask the question what was the reason for the terror attack. she couldn't say it was because of the video. they could not throw her under the bus under the at that point. she hits her head and can't go on the talk shows. and they send susan rice -- >> to take bullets. >> she said the video. >> that was the point, bob. they were already too far gone. it begins begs the question who push the video. >> do you think russia or china
is quaking in their boots when they see these ferris buler's running the administration? >> leon panetta was not a child. to blanketly indict an administration and call the names you want to call obama and say that's the whole administration is bull. >> do you know who cares -- whoever runs against hillary rodham clinton for president. you know why? >> it's pure politics. >> you can use benghazi politics. you can vary it. the press helps you to bury this tragedy and you can do that. >> just admit it's politics. i admit it's politics, did i not? >> so you are saying, because we think it's bad, that's also politics. >> i'm saying this selected
committee is pure politics. none of you are willing to say that. >> if it's under the guise it's politics, you can do anything? you can cover up murders? >> condone it. >> you can cover up knowledge, hide the truth, and say it's the video when he we know it's terrorism. it's like those idiots hiding behind comedy. >> by the way, we knew all this two years ago, but they didn't want to be forthcoming with the truth of the details. they knew it was an ak of terrorism. they knew it wasn't a video. they knew it was the work of sharia. they let us run around like buffoons and your team did it. >> we lead the show with us and i'm telling you the american people could give a damn about it. >> let's see. i think the american people do care about it. i'm going to stay on horse and
ride it. does the press need to get tough on the administration? one white house press corps thinks so. we only have one person to play this role. she's going to tell you about it coming up. you can't make it up.
this week, jay carney tried his hardest to explain away the new email evidence on benghazi but the national journal found his excuses embarrassing. >> i think when you get caught spinning like this, when you get caught being incredible with information you are giving to the public, that's a big thing when it comes to the issues. it was painful yesterday to watch that briefing and get baghdad bob flashbacks. it was embarrassing. >> he thinks it's time for the white house press corps to get tougher on the white house and the administration. not just on benghazi but other things. don't let the white house set the ground rules.
don't worry about relationships. don't go to the briefings. cover the white house -- cover the how does from outside in. don't go to the white house briefings. go to the correspondents dinner. >> the spirit of the correspondents dinner is to climb over each other. >> you did that. >> i'll never do it again. expect the president -- the press to a-- the press reflects obama, he's the mirror. the white house is going to -- white house press is going to
change their tune and when there's a republican, they were going to be where were you during benghazi? president romney. >> i'm saddened by this, when i was growing up and watching the news which i love, i thought that becoming a white house correspondent would be the pinnacle a journalist's contemporary but a recent poll taken by -- a survey of journalists said that the white house beat is actually kind of boring and not what they wanted to do. kimberly, what do you make of that? >> i don't know. i thought you had an awesome job. >> i had a great job. i thought about the reporters. >> you can't really do your job. that's the situation now. if you do, you are going to be ostracized and demonized by everyone. i can't do a fair investigation. the roles are reversed, like bizarre broadway play.
>> instead of going to the briefings and just taking whatever the press secretary is giving to you that day, that you cover it from the outside in and actually, bob, as i recall, those were some of the toughest stories that you had to deal with, when people didn't have a personal relationship with -- >> maybe ron has a point. >> one of the things about this, we've been in those briefings and they sit around and they are -- their meat that you have to deal is what you hear from the press secretary and a lot of them don't do as much follow-up, but i would -- i disagree about how tough this mainstream media is. if the people were really tough on this were nbc, abc, and fox, now, i mean, and a lot of other people, this was not something that was isolated to supposedly the conservative media. >> two years, later, bob. >> they were on this at the beginning. >> you are talking about benghazi? >> yeah. >> oh, god no.
we're the only ones covering it. >> i think fox did drive the coverage and sheryl attkisson. >> what happened to her? >> she left because cbs wouldn't publish any of her stories. abc jonathan carl is the only one standing up and asking the tough questions and not taking the first answer out of jay carney's mouth. let's see what happens to him. >> are you going to the dinner for fun or dig for info? >> oh, please. >> a much different definition of fun than i got. >> i jumped into jay carney. he said you want to talk to me. jay, i would like to talk to you. i can't talk to you on camera. you won't come on fox. >> then what happened when you we want up to eric holder too? >> that was the biggest mistake. >> and then remember when you and greg caught accused of doing a selfie photo, including erin
andrews. >> whether he called president obama a very bad word that caused clooney to storm off. stay tuned.
welcome back to the fastest seven three striking stories. seven spirited minutes. did you hear the black and forth between las vegas casino owner, steve wynn. >> they are molly coddled, they
are highly privileged. we're talking about successful artists like george or barbara streisand. they left in a relatively small world. the people around them are very solicitious and caring for them. they have a world view that therefore everything should be given to everybody because everything has been given to them. george clooney is fun to me, as i -- to be with, as i said and you have to watch your timing. i didn't call the president a [ bleep ]. george didn't call me [ bleep ]. he's a little into the tequila. he's fun to be with. >> he's fun to be with and he's great company. i likeham a lot and i don't think he's hiss tarkry kal in his politics. a lot of people are.
he doesn't like it when people are too poll arizing. come to the table to disagree in a good way. >> i think what it was, george clooney claimed that steve wynn called president o an a-hole and he said he didn't. >> running a business is harder than running your mouth and the arc all he has to do is worry about himself. he doesn't have to worry about indicate caterers. actors operate only under phony compassion. that's what they do for a living. they manufacture their compassion which makes it easy to give other people's money. i think wynn hit it on the head. >> dana, this was the thing i find strange. that a lot of news lately has been based on private
conversations or reports or tapes of those conversations that i think that these two people are mature people. they both obviously, they were at a dinner to go, so they at least have something in common, and i think that hopefully clooney saw the spirit of which i think wynn was trying to smooth things over. >> are we going to hear from clooney? >> good way to describe this. >> wrapping this circle up here. >> i don't know if the guy's picture up there is the same guy that we interviewed. >> he's the same guy. >> boy, he's had a rough week. wynn is a heavy republican contributor. clooney, a heavy democratic contributor. >> the house of cards, the amazing netflix series has congressman underwood will stop at anything, including murder.
>> every politician who gets to the highest offices of power is a murderer. they have to be willing to be a murderer. whether tilling someone in a garage or whether it's sending a hundred thousand troops off to work. you are making decisions that are left and death and as a result of those decisions is that some people may die. >> what do you say, bobby? >> i say that that boy has spent too much time out of washington. i think did the character go too far? there was a liberty. do i think politicians kill? yes. do i think listening to that kill me? >> yes. >> do you have some ice in your blood to be a tough level politics? >> not necessarily. i think somebody like a paul rye i don't know doesn't have ice in his bloods. one of the things about "house
of cards" it's drama, it's not actually reality. when frank underwood killed the congressman, i don't think that was realistic. i think that was a step too far. >> this guy revealed how adolescent and puny many creative minds are. making decisions of life and death makes you some kind of a murderer. it's that kind of relativism drains the word murder. this guy -- he's operating on the intelligence of a freshman high school student who just bought, you know, "naked lunch" and spouting garbage in the cafeteria and what a moron.
>> in scandal, the vice president killed her husband and everybody seemed to enjoy that issue. >> we're like spoiler central here. >> it already aired. >> netflix hasn't, though. the naacp is getting a ton of heat from the african-american community and the media over their lifetime achievement award they planned on honoring donald sterling with later this month. as for his 2009 award, listen to their long time president, leon jenkins. >> it the los angeles naacp going to make a request to him to return, tht like an heisman trophy, we're not going to ask him to return an award that he's gotten years ago. >> absurd, right. well, jenkins resigned yesterday, explaining he was doing so to separate the los angeles naacp and the naacp from the negative exposure i have caused. close that quote. what are your thoughts?
>> i think it's great that he resigned but having his replacement and picking donald sterling, that's a bad choice. >> dana, if leon jenkins came out on monday, the first media day after this thing broke and said, you know we're christian, maybe we'll forgive him for that, but was it about money? >> i don't know if it was about monday any. when i listened to the second part, the clip that you just showed, to me, i thought that was a little bit of -- that was more sincere than the previous comment and that it was nice to see somebody stand up and say, you know, i'll walk away from this because if it will help the cause for me to leave, that's kind of a stand-up thing to do. >> you think he should have left? that it was warranted? i'm curious. i don't know. >> i don't know, because i don't really call for people's resignations very much. he was taking personal responsibility in stepping up and maybe that helped everybody get passed -- >> if you apply that same, if dana is right and this is a
stand-up thing to do, should donald sterling sell the team and make everyone happy? >> yes, he should. the naacp was taking a hit for giving this guy an award. he was the president and he got out. i think it was the right thing to do. sterling might take a little listen to that press conference and take it upon himself to get out. should you let your pets sleep in bed with you? stick around.
america has gone to the dogs. a new poll found that 83% of pet owners let them sleep in their
beds. it makes sense. pets are like a hot water bottle with a heart. but they aren't exactly hygienic. still in america, outside dogs are few. which is good for us. it means that a dog's life here beats a poor soul elsewhere. how many dopes buy organic kibble for their pam perred pet? your dog wears booties in the rain. where does that happen? in america. that's because our living conditions are so superior, that even our mutts benefit. for all the cries about income inequality, our wealth provide awesome advances in comfort that never existed before. you could be broke have a car, an x box and a fat dog.
in nigeria, that make you king. unlike horrible socialist hells, where only the leaders live it up, our markets expand wealth for others. that's why our dogs can sleep in our beds and the rest of the world would kill for that and they have. is there a downside to lying down with the dogs? >> i don't think healthwise. i take your point that maybe their paws aren't the cleanest. >> in new york city, their paws -- >> it's tramp urine. >> it has crossed my mind. but actually having dogs in the house and around kids, that's -- that's healthy for you. i think there are other reasons -- especially if you are married, maybe not want to have the dog-us interrupt-u.s.
>> tell me that you and peter and than you can't say par -- jasper. wow, i'm not swapping with you anymore. >> wait a minute. how did this happen, eric? we are talking about dogs and now we're talking about swinging with canines. >> island tell you that -- i would tell you that my dog sleeps on the covers, on a pillow. drinks bottled water. i'm all for it. knock on wood, i never woke up with a flae flea or ticks. that nigerian president, does he still need the $5,000 that i need to send him? >> bob, you don't have a pet in bed because you are the animal.
>> i would have no more have a pet -- >> maybe a penthouse pet. >> during the day, they walk around central park, they sniff at crap. you don't clean them up before you put them in the bed. they jump up in the bed. just happen if they happen to be in heat that day. >> bob. that's so gross. >> in heat that day, that means other things are going on. >> you know what, bob -- >> i think it's disgusting. i really do. i think it's horrible that people would bring these things into bed. >> let's talk about something pleasant. where's the picture of my doggie? >> that's not a dog. that's a lamp shade. >> that's the same picture you show over and over. >> look at her jumping, she's alive. >> how big is that dog?
>> she's about six pounds and of course she wants to sleep with me. >> who doesn't? >> i wake up every morning. >> that's a good question. who doesn't? >> there's one of them here. that was jasper's reaction when he heard greg is doing this segment. i don't know want to know. >> it's a health hazard. i think. >> no, it's not. >> if you keep your dogs clean. >> bella is clean. ask barbara, your dog walker about my dog. and she's walking around the street holding her. she's supposed to walk, and she won't walk. >> we know jeb bush's mother doesn't want him to run for the white house, but does his big brother. you'll hear from 43 himself, next.
there's been a push 41 and bush 43. should we push for a bush 45. as other 2016 falter or don't really enter the race, jeb bush's potential candidacy is pick up steam. >> i hope jeb runs. i think he would be a great president. i have no clue what's on his mind, and we'll talk when he's ready. i notice he's moving around the country quite a bit. >> doing well in polls. >> yeah, that's fine. it don't mean anything. for him, i can guarantee you he's not looking at a poll deciding whether or not he wants to run -- he's checking his core. >> i wonder if he's had that conversation with his mother or not. i thought an interesting poll was in florida, although hillary clinton beats jeb bush in florida, but it's not by much.
only about five points among hispanics. >> hanging chads again. >> i think he probably doesn't know. remember when barbara bush, she said do we really need another bush to run? i know a lot of people feel that way. looking at the field, he is the most qualified. jeb bush dances to the beat of his own drum. that's an awkward position for 43 to be in. do you think your brother should run? >> mother's day is coming up. he doesn't want to make it awkward. >> do you think the bush name helps him or hurts him? >> two things. there's a bush hangover. remember, hillary had to wait 16 years after the bim bow bug lamp
left the office. democrats love big government. the democrats love obama. anybody who runs is going to be an bureaucrat. so instinctively you all hate everybody. that's my problem. i hate everybody. i hate myself. >> what do you think the bush? >> i play a bush power ball. i like it. i'm ready to put on some 45 stocks -- socks and rock them out for jeb bush. i don't think he owes anybody anything. i don't think he should be disqualified by virtue of his last night. we should care about who is the most qualified and who has the heart in the right place to do what's best for the country. >> eric, what do you think? you are not necessarily in
bush's corner because he's a little more progressive than you like, i take it. >> let me qualify. i agree he's probably very qualified. he's probably very smart. >> and a good guy. >> and probably a very good guy. my issue with the bush type of candidate is it is a little too down the middle for me. it's a little too far left for me. the comment on immigration being an ak of love, the base hated that and the hate hated his stance on common core. those are some things he's going to have to work around to get the republican nomination. >> i don't know how you do that. >> that's the problem with the republican party. to get pass the primary, you have to appeal to the base and then to get to the presidency, you have to appeal to the center. >> guess what? that's why they don't win. >> they have been shut out of the house for eight years.
there tends to be an inclination to go with a winner than with a base problem. >> you think that was true with mccain though? >> with who? >> mccain. >> no, i'm saying after eight years, there's a fatigue that sets in in any political party and i would love to go with this guy because he's more down my line, and i think he can win a general election. >> they like huckabee in iowiow. >> you go iowa, new hampshire, south carolina. wow, my guess that's a tough first three for him. >> it is. it's always been tough for a more moderate candidate, but remember romney got through it all right. one more thing is up next.
time now for one more thing. we given with mr. boling. >> tomorrow morning cashing in, a new show. we talk about rates in america. we talked about tesla moving to china. we talked about colbert and stewart. we talk about this. >> you are doing a nice job on "the five."
cashing in. >> that was for you, bob. >> here we go. another war is going to start. great. >> last night, on "red eye" we covered the ground breaking story. dana wasn't on the list of our hot 100. ra, the rapper wasn't happy about it. >> dana perino, i follow her some twitter after that. maybe some sexy pick. it was her dog. >> that was quite a phisiqu. >> you've made other lists so there you go. >> i want to be on the list of best looking dog. not me.
>> that was a weird -- >> the liberals make that happen tonight. i'm next. >> this happened last week, hannity had a special last week called the 4-20 series. it aired last thursday night and this happened. >> we have a floor of the mall of america. we probably be hiring another three to five in the next month. >> guess who that was? >> jamie perino and apparently she's a great entrepreneur. she has a pot store called euphoria in the 16th street mall in november and nobody on the hannity thought it was weird. blood -- blond blue eyed girl,
last name perino. >> you are part of a pot dynasty. >> congratulations, jamie. i thought it was great. >> that just blew me away. i thought bob would be blown away by that. >> i was wondering last night where tommy got his inspirationing for his dude, that was two years ago. >> dude, this was like two years ago. >> i know that dude. >> i'm the dude. so that's what you call me. >> where's my car? where's your car, dude? >> where's my car? >> all right. >> i would like to be happy to report that the u.s. economy had a 288,000 jobs added. the unemployment rate fell from 6.7 to 6.3%. the obama recovery is robust and is working.
280,000 jobs make eric boling gag. >> set your dvr so you welcome to "hannity," and this is a fox news alert. house speaker john boehner has announced the formation of a special select committee to investigate the 2012 benghazi terror attack that left four americans dead. now, this comes after the release of e-mails that proved a top white house aide instructed ambassador susan rice to blame the attack on a youtube video. in a moment, we'll talk to charles woods. he is the father of one of the victims, ty woods. but first, here with the very latest from the white house tonight is fox's own ed henry. ed? >> good evening, sean. this is dramatic new pressure on the president over benghazi because for several months, speaker boehner had been resisting calls from conservatives to appoint this special committee. he thought